Executive Director David Street
David Street is a native of Washington, D.C. and has nearly 15 years of non-profit development and grassroots organizing experience.
Street received his Bachelors in Political Science from North Carolina A&T State University, and holds a Masters in Theology from Wesley Theological Seminary. Street was recently accepted into the Executive Master’s in Leadership from Georgetown University McDonough School of Business.
He serves as the Director of Next Gen Leadership & Engagement for Bread for the World, a Christian non-profit dedicated to ending hunger both here and abroad.
Street is also the Executive Director of P.E.N DMV, a non-profit that teaches students and young adult leaders about the importance of digital leadership.
Among his honors and distinctions:
- Selected as a 2017 “National Christian Innovative Leader” by Duke University.
- National Minority Quality Forum’s inaugural “40 Under 40” Leaders in Minority Health.
- Featured in Black Enterprises “100 Modern Man”
- Former member of D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser’s Commission on African American Affairs
- Proud member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- Ordained Progressive Baptist Minister Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Washington, D.C.
With our amazing sponsors and partners, we are able to take our participants out of their “norm” and give them a “new norm” that stretches their beliefs and empowers to expand their horizons.